Sunday, July 09, 2006

Get To Know What You Really Like to Eat


Do you know what you really, really like to eat? Not just what you sort of like, but what you really, really, REALLY like to eat?

Whenever you are trying to make a change of any kind, keeping in touch with what you really like is important.

For example, I really like lobster, venison, and steak tartar. I can take or leave pork chops and I really don't like liver. Chicken and turkey are okay and so are salmon and fresh tuna, but plain white fish can be pretty boring. Filet mignon can be delightful, but a prime rib is a bit much.... I love hot dogs and a bologna and cheese reminds me of when I was little and can be good comfort food.

When I'm planning what I eat, I need to ask myself what do I like to eat and what's healthy. If I don't like something, I generally don't eat it, no matter how healthy it is. And conversely, if something I like isn't healthy, I also generally don't eat it--or if I do, I stay very conscious that I am breaking the rules.

Remember Venn Diagrams?

What foods do you like?

Of the foods I like, which ones are healthy?

Of the foods that you like, which ones are healthy?

Could we enjoy a healthy meal together?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home